Saturday, April 4, 2009
Cherry Blossoms!
These are the pictures you've all been waiting for! The Cherry Blossom Festival! The blossoms are truly breath taking. The pictures don't do them justice. 


Paddles the Beaver is the mascot of the Cherry Blossom Festival. In 1999 a beaver family moved into the tidal basin and cut down four trees for a dam. The family was relocated. :) Paddles reminds people not to pick blossoms, put them in their hair, climb the trees, or cut them down for dam building.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love your pictures and updates on your family adventures in D.C.!
These cherry blossom pictures are killing me -- making me so homesick for Japan.
I'm so jealous. The trees look beautiful! I love that Jeff has his scooter in every picture. Wish we could be there with you!
You have some very artistic photos there! Beautiful!
My first visit to Washington DC was in the spring at the end of cherry blossom time. Your photos bring back many, many memories. Reading the wall in the Lincoln Memorial has remained with me as well. Such a gift with words....and such a powerful message.
Emily - We are missing you with "Millie". I'll look forward to keeping in touch via your blog.
Sheri McKelfresh
This has been fun to read. I am so jealous! It looks like such a great time. Keep the updates coming. Your pictures may be the most I ever see of D.C. :)
Hi! Glad you are having fun!
I just had to laugh when you were talking about taking the subway and Jeffrey was missing from the picture~it seemed as if maybe he got lost on the subway! Looks like it's warming up there, too! What ward are you in? Our nephew and family live there, too. (Eric Lacey) Thanks for sharing your adventures!
I loved the cherry blossoms! The blossoms are mostly gone now, but the trees are still pretty. They're just starting to grow leaves!
Post a Comment