Sunday, April 12, 2009
Homeschool is Not for Wimps!
The Hansen Homeschool is up and running. It has been an interesting experiment and I totally respect anyone who does this full time! The kids have been great. They actually do the assignments I give them and come back for more! Giving them assignments requires me to be organized and to understand the material. I find myself reading textbooks at night for my bedtime reading. It has been good to get the cobwebs out of my brain! I think the kids would say that homeschool is much less stressful than regular school. I think I would say that my day is much busier and that I never have any alone time!
In the above picture Emily and Hayley are trying to learn English Grammar by direct diffusion into their brains. Grammar isn't the most exciting subject. Really, how important it is to understand past participles? It is debatable.
Hayley is supposed to be working on a French Revolution project. I wonder if she is really checking her Facebook! Naw, she's doing her homework.
Mara, Jeff, Mark, and Emily (who refused to be in the picture for personal pride reasons) are working on making a topographical model of the ocean floor. The boys are making volcanoes. One great advantage to homeschooling here is that we can learn about the ocean and then go and see the ocean exhibit in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History! Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you make the picture of me on the laptop big, you can see the top of my email screen... :) That's why I look so guilty!
Post a Comment