Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mount Vernon


Every post is honourable in which a man can serve his country.
Letter to Benedict Arnold (September 14, 1775)


It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. Letter to his niece, Harriot Washington (October 30, 1791)


Gentlemen, you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for, I have grown not only gray, but almost blind in the service of my country.
Statement as he put on his glasses before delivering
his response to the first Newburgh Address (March 15, 1783)



This weeping box elder tree makes a perfect hideout.


We loved Mt. Vernon. It is only about 20 minutes from our apartment. We bought a membership so we can go back again. There was so much more to see and do there that we plan to go back very soon. George Washington was truly a great man. He was born at the right time and the right place to lead our country when it was so fragile. When I read about some of the early victories of the Revolutionary War, I am convinced that they were miraculous and that this is God's plan to have a free nation.

No comments: