
Hayley's friend, Megan, arrived on the Fourth of July to spend a week with us! We have been looking forward to this for a few months now, but it also means that our time here is almost up.

After much
deliberation about where we should watch the fireworks we decided to go to the big concert again like we did for Memorial Day. We had to get there several hours early, so we packed a dinner and some games and settled in.

It was a great concert. Neil and I know we are getting old because we were thrilled to see . . . .
Yes! Barry Manilow! And we knew all of his songs too. The kids were like, "who's Barry Manilow? Why do I know this song?" (Because I have his Greatest Hits album!) We also saw Aretha Franklin and the Sesame Street gang! Only in DC, right?

This is Jeffrey in action. He had five older boys surrounding him and listening to him. It was a hoot. He also always seems to get people to give him stuff. Maybe he's going to be a politician.

Fireworks!

Happy Fourth of July!
2 comments:
What an amazing trip you guys have had. Amazing!!! What a blessing, thanks for sharing it with us....see you in a few weeks!
What a great way to end (almost) your time there. I love that picture of the fireworks behind the GW monument. I am so jealous of all the trips you've taken, the things you've seen. Priceless.
Post a Comment