Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nauvoo


Hi all!
We just spent a day in City Beautiful- Nauvoo. It was fantastic! We got to visit several old shops and a few homes. My favorite stop was probably the printing press. It was full of beautiful antiques. I was facinated in all of the labor-intensive jobs involved in producing a single page of type that we've pretty much eliminated now with all of our technology. When we finished touring, we went souvenier shopping (very, very briefly) and got ready for dinner. We ate at the Hotel Nauvoo buffet. It was incredibly good and really expensive. We finished the day with the performance of Rendezvous in the cultural hall. It was very fun. Cute little elderly people singing, dancing, and acting like young people have a certain charm. I thought it was a wonderful show that gave us a peek into the lives of the people of Nauvoo with lots of humor thrown in! :)

6 comments:

Jaime said...

You guys have a blog?!? I never thought I'd see the day! Can't wait to follow your adventures!

Maria said...

Hi Hansens! Where are you now? The photo of the Nauvoo Temple reminds me of when we were there with your family in 2002. Wish we were there with you again! Hope the rain held off long enough for you to enjoy your day. Travel safe! Love your updates.

Hayley H said...

I know! It's a shock that we finally made it to the 21st century! ;) We're still here at Hotel Nauvoo until tomorrow morning, then we're on the road again! I still remember that time we came to Nauvoo together! It was a lot of fun. We actually got the rain yesterday, but today was clear. :o)

Julie Hemmert said...

I find it humorous when old people sing and dance too :)

Hayley H said...

Glad I'm not the only one! They were funny and cute in the old-people way. :)

Alice said...

Nauvoo was so cold!!!! And we had a warm room and car and shoes and jackets. How can people survive with less than that? Wow...